#31: Master The Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing with Doug MarshallDec 04, 2019
Doug Marshall is a seasoned commercial real estate professional with almost 40 years of experience. He is the award-winning author of Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing. Doug and I discuss what it takes to be a successful investor in the field of commercial real estate.
Listen to all our episodes and leave a review: HERE
Download Podcast: HERE
Master The Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing with Doug Marshall
Doug began working as a real estate developer in 1980, eventually getting into the financing side of real estate in 1988. Doug even worked for a Fannie Mae lender. He also worked as a property manager for 3 years managing 700 units. With over 40 years of real estate experience, Doug just happens to know a little bit about commercial lending.
There is quite a bit to learn in this episode:
- The 4 differences in real estate investing vs the stock market
- Efficient vs inefficient markets
- The difference between passive and active investors
- What Doug learned from buying a property in June 2007
- The questions to ask yourself before getting into real estate
- Why the IRR and Cash-on-Cash return can easily be manipulated
- The risks of investing in a small town
- Student loan impact on the housing market
- And More!
Connect with Doug:
Links mentioned in the show:
We Need Your Help!
Help us reach a broader audience on iTunes by leaving the podcast a rating and review. It takes just 30 seconds! You can leave a review by going: HERE